Tuesday, July 16, 2013

In The Blink Of An Eye

I had another opportunity to write for the Hope Mommies blog. Truly thankful for this organization and opportunity. Next week we will honor and remember our littlest, Landry James.



by Holly Steele
I blinked and 3 years passed right in front of me. Every year when the page on our calendar turns to July, my heart stops just as it did that early morning in late July, 2010, when 2 doctors stood in front of our family and told us that Landry did not have much longer to live.
Today, as I focus on 3 years ago and how different my life and family look, I am reminded over and over that the Lord will fulfill His purpose for us. No matter how dark some of your days are and the journey that you are now walking is not at all what you pictured, please take comfort in knowing that the Lord is not finished with you, yet.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to
completion until the day of Christ Jesus

God did not, and has not forsaken us during this season of life, and He has a plan and purpose for all of the pain and heartache. As much as it hurts to think this and even write it, Gods plan for our life was not to have Landry here on earth with us for a lifetime. But I do know He has not forsaken us and He has never abandoned us for one minute. God has felt all my tears over the past 3 years, but He has never left my side. God has a plan for my family’s life and I know our amazing God is not going to abandon His works for my family.

Psalms 138:8 The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.

I blinked, and I have been filled with absolute hope and joy.

No comments: