Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Day You Were Born

Getting all ready to meet our Daughter.










Our amazing Doctor that has delivered all three of our children. He truly is amazing and I will be forever grateful for him.

The Morning of October 22 started very early for me, because I awoke knowing that it would be the day that we were finally going to meet our miracle, Georgia Kathryn.
Ryan and I got to Scott and White around 7:30 am and my Mom was already there waiting for us. My Doctor even met us out in the waiting room to say Good Morning and help us get situated in our room. Once I got changed then it was time to get to get the process going with IV's, checking how much I was dilated, and eventually Pitocin. We were shocked to find out that I was was almost 5 centimeters dilated with out any help from the Pitocin. Ryan left to go coach Tyler's Soccer Game.... some of you are probably thinking I was crazy for letting him go, but the game started at 8:30 so I figured we had time. :) My sweet Mom sat with me the whole time Ryan was gone so I was in good hands. Once I started on the Pitocin I really started feeling the contractions, but thankfully I did not have to wait long for the epidural. After the epidural everything else seemed to be moving along rather quickly.... I had the epidural a total of 45 minutes before it was time to start pushing. I think we were all shocked at how fast I was dilating, well I know I was! Georgia Kate was really ready to make her appearance.
After the game Ryan, Poppy, Tyler, Nana, and Papa made their way to the Hospital. Tyler did really well when he saw me this time in the Hospital bed. I was amazed at what a difference a year can make, and how much more he understood what was happening. I was so proud of our biggest.

With in no time I was 10 and it was time to start pushing!!! Even pushing was fast... I think I pushed 4 times, and then there she was. Georgia Kathryn Steele was born at 11:45 am. Labor and delivery lasted a total of 4 hours! I guess that is what happens with a 3rd pregnancy... I am scared to have a 4th. :)

Doctor Fothergill asked me right before we started pushing if I wanted to hold Georgia Kate first before they got her all cleaned up and did her weight and measurements. I was really blown away by that because it always took me so long to hold our boys for the first time. However, he knew how important it was for us to see her and touch her and know that everything was going to be ok. I must say that the whole day was really wonderful. I felt so much peace and our Nurse and Doctor were so wonderful and very attentive and did everything they could to make October 22nd a very special day for us, and it truly was a day filled with so much Hope and Joy!

I think the majority of my anxiety kicked in the first time GK's body temp was checked, because that is when things started going down hill with Landry My heart would always stop every time she was checked but she was always perfect in every way. Tears fill my eyes as I look back at these pictures, because I am reminded over and over again of Gods amazing beauty and grace in our life. I will never understand why Landry is not with us, but I do know that if it were not for Landry we may never have had our beautiful Georgia Kate, and every time I stare at our third blessing I always see glimpses of both of her brothers in her, but especially Landry and for that I am so thankful.

There is still a lot more and I promise to not go too long with out another post! :)

2 comments:

Mary Beth and Travis said...

A beautiful birth day story!

Lisa said...

Love this! Sounds a lot like Coen's birthday :) I loved getting to hold Coen right away, it was the best feeling. And by the way, you look beautiful for just having a baby!!