Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap













Whew!! What a full week we had but it was truly a wonderful week as we had a lot of "firsts" with Georgia Kate.
On Wednesday afternoon we loaded up and headed to Austin to be with some of my family for Thanksgiving. I loved waking up on Thursday being surrounded by precious family members, and we truly have so much to be thankful for this year. The Holiday's are are still bittersweet but I will say they are much lighter than last year. We enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving Feast and I did contribute this year by making a Pumpkin Dump Cake. I must thank Pinterest for the recipe. :)
I decided to stay Thursday night as well with the kids (Tyler was not ready to leave because Ghee and Poppy were still there). Ryan headed back home to tackle a first for him. Heading to Target at 11:30 to get in line for some deals. He found was he was looking for and was in and out! He kept committing on how organized it was. I enjoyed some wonderful girl time with my Mom, two Aunts, and one of my Cousins. We sat outside by a beautiful fire and I could not help but think about when Georgia Kate would be able to join us one day.

Friday Morning it was time to load up and head back home to Daddy. We actually braved the crowds and did some shopping... along with getting our real Christmas Tree. Last year we began a new tradition of having two trees. One fake and one real.. I love real trees and their beautiful smell. Our house has been decorated since before Thanksgiving, so it was nice not having to worry about doing that. Now all I need to do is tackle our real tree.

On Saturday we hit the road again and headed to Fort Worth to introduce Georgia Kate to Ryan's Family. She met her Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins.... she was one popular girl this Thanksgiving. We spent the night and headed back home yesterday afternoon with half of the other Holiday Travelers. It took us a lot longer to get home but both kids did really well.

Today we are getting back to our routine, and GK was really spoiled over the break so today has been a challenge for her, but we will get back on track... I will get my little scheduled girl back where she needs to be soon.... I hope! :)

I have been horrible with taking pictures so I only got few... I need to pick up my game in that area.

No comments: