Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Unbreakable Bond

Three and a half years ago when two Doctors stood in front of us and told us about our precious, Landry our world was completely shattered and I felt so broken and alone. However, this weekend I was once again Praising God for the gentle and humbling reminder that I am not alone one this journey of Loss and Heartache.
This year was my 3rd Hope Mommies Retreat and every year I can't wait to see the faces of the women that play such a huge role on this journey that I'm walking. I genuinely love each of them so much and I can't imagine them not being apart of my story.
I think what I cherish most about these unique friendships is that every time we gather together we can mourn, laugh, hope, and most importantly remember and honor our babies, and hold fast to the promise that God is faithful. I would be lost with out these women that God has woven in to my path and heart.
 Every detail that went in to this weekend was perfect and just what my heart needed. We worshiped together, studied the Word together, and shared our journey and story with others. Simply it was a weekend that my heart was in need of. It simply was refreshing and food for my hungry soul.
I look at these pictures of all of these beautiful and courageous women and I'm just blessed to call them my friend. I mean you can't help but be encouraged when you are surrounded by all the beautiful women at the Retreat.
 
James 1:12   
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.   
 
 
 
 Sweet, Jennifer. She was my Roomie last year and I was flat out giddy about seeing her again this year. I literally ran to give her a big tight squeeze. She has a heart of gold and I truly wish Washington State was closer to me.
My Roomie for this year, Amber. Her strength and beauty for the Lord captured my heart and I'm so thankful our paths crossed this weekend. I loved our late night talks and early morning talks. She has not left my heart since returning home.
 
 Jill, Kimberly, Me, Aimee, and Jennifer- I'm blessed to know these women and their stories. They always know how to bring a huge smile and laughter to any moment.
My favorite Arkansas Girls!
 Emily- She is from Temple!! I had the privilege and opportunity to share Landry and my journey with her shortly after her little boy, Caleb William went to Heaven. I even shared Hope Mommies with her so I was thankful to see her at the retreat. It was a last minute decision, but I'm happy she came. I know who hear and soul were encouraged.
The first faces of Hope Mommies. We were missing 4 others, but it is always good to see these faces that automatically provide a source of comfort to me.
These five women walked with me during the hardest and darkest days and moments of my life and we simply understood one another the heartbreaking pain of all the firsts that come with the first year. I will be forever grateful for these women and the special bond we will always have.   

 On Saturday, We made Hope Boxes that will be taken to area hospitals and giving to women who have babies that went to Heaven. What a wonderful ministry. So thankful Landry's Hope Box will be providing some much needed comfort to a Mom in need. I even included a note in my box.

As much as this story is not the way that I would want it written. I simply can't imagine another story for my life, so I'm thankful and praise God for the story that he is writing for me. God chose ME to be Landry's Mom and for that I will be forever grateful for our Littlest and his Legacy.  

Romans 5:2-5
And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.

No comments: