Monday, September 28, 2009

Buckshot Blast

Friday night was the 2ND Annual Junior League Skeet Shoot. The weather was amazing so it made for a great day and evening. We headed out there around 3pm so Ryan could get all set to shoot and I worked the check in table while he shooting. I heard he did really well! I hate that I did not get any pictures of Ryan shooting but my Dad had to bring me his camera because my battery died. Thanks Dad! Ty also got to spend the afternoon and night with his Ghee and Poppy while we were gone.
After the shooting wrapped up it was time for some cold beer, wine coolers, and BBQ. Everything turned out great. There was also several great auction items. Overall the evening was a great success and I have a feeling we raised plenty of money to support several community grants.
Me with Kim (Kim was the Chair for this event) Great job Kim!!

Check out this wonderful group of volunteers.


Me with my date! Thanks Ryan for always supporting the Junior League and everything I do.
I just wanted to take a picture of the Koozies that everyone got. I think they turned out great and I will always use mine over and over again.
I will leave you with the story behind this adorable Membership (My councils basket) John Deer Basket. This basket was part of our live auction. Just to let you know I am kind of new at live auctions. I raised my hand when it was set at $50 but got out bid and then he said $80 and I guess I shook my head and the auctioneer saw me do it (Uh Oh). All of the sudden he pointed to me and said SOLD for $80. I think Ryan was ready to kill me....... It was originally valued at $200.00! So, this adorable basket is now hiding in a closet and will be brought out one at time for the proud owner (Ty). He already has some of the tractors and loves them. We also took some over to Ghee and Poppy's house. The story behind this basket is NEVER shake your head during a live auction. I am pretty sure the next time I am at a live auction Ryan will make me leave the room so this same thing does not happen again.




No comments: