Thursday, June 24, 2010

Look What We Did Today

Potty Training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually tried a little over a month ago and it was a disaster. I just don't think Ty and possible me were ready. I have been wanting to try again for the longest time but with workers in and out of our house, and being kicked out, to having to move in all over again it just never seemed like the right time. Well, this Morning was the day and I was determined. I re read "Toilet Training In Less Than Day". However, it will take longer than a day. I had snacks, lots of fluids, and candy. Salty and Sweet are the key because it makes them thirsty! At least it worked today.
Ty was a little stubborn this Morning but when he finally went pee pee on the potty we were both so thrilled. Ty continued to go pee pee through out the day, and we only had 3 accidents. We literally stayed in side all day until 5 pm (Ty was so ready to get out of the house). I just stuck to Ty like glue. I know that it will take us some time to get the hang of this potty business so we will just take it one day at a time. I must admit I am so proud of my big boy and I think Ty looks so adorable in his big boy underwear!! I did end up pulling our rug back and putting a towel down just in case Ty's aim was not perfect (just in case you were wondering Mom).

Ghee and Poppy were so excited for Ty. My Mom called one time to check on him and she asked if it was too soon to go get him a new bike.. (HA) I told her Skittles are good for now. Therefore, Poppy dropped off a big bag of skittles!!



2 comments:

Margaret said...

Would you recommend that book to me then? I have to get Clark potty trained for both of our sanity before or shortly after daddy leaves. Good luck and tell me how it all goes.

Holly Steele said...

YES!!! I will send you the book info.It has really been working well. I am so proud of Ty. We will still have some poo poo issues, but I think we have the pee pee part down.