Monday, June 7, 2010

Swim Lessons

Today marked Ty's first day if Swim Lessons. This is Ty's 3rd year of lessons but his first year with the University of Mary Hardin Baylor. The past two years we went through the City of Temple. I had my camera with me all ready to take pictures, but of course when I turned it on it died on me. I was so frustrated but at least I have more opportunities.
Ty ended up having a great time!! I was a little concerned because I was not getting in the water with him and he is used to having me with him. Ryan told me that me not being in the water with him would be a good thing. I guess Ryan was right... well there were some tears but he got over it. I loved being able to watch him the whole time from an observation room (he could not see me).
Ty went right with his group and sat with his feet in the water with the rest of his class, but then when it was time to get in that is when the tears started. Ms. Brittany, one of his instructors held him and took him out in the pool and all of the sudden the tears were gone and he was swimming with her. When he joined the rest of his class in the shallow water he was smiling, splashing, and kicking. I was so proud of my little swimmer.
I hope the next two weeks are all very positive and fun for Ty. I am very pleased with UMHB and I will say it is fun for me taking Ty to lessons at the University I graduated from. I promise to get pictures soon.

No comments: