Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Our New Home

This would be main reason why my blogging has suffered. But, to me it is a perfect reason. At times I can't believe it is really our home.
When we made the decision about moving from Temple, I was so excited about the adventure we were about to embark on. I mean who doesn't love a good adventure. However, when it came time to close the door on the U-haul and the tears were flowing... I wanted to jump out and pull up the sign from our home and stay put. The adventure could wait. And, when we were moving in to our rent house I might have stated several times that I was in fact going to move back to Temple. Obviously, I don't do well with change.
The adjustment was a so hard for me, and some days I feel like I'm still working on the adjusting part. However, on May 15 we closed on a brand new home and I was utterly thankful and excited to be planting some new roots where God has us for now. It feels so wonderful to be in our own home, again. Such sweet memories are already being etched in every crevice of our home.
The packing and unpacking seemed to be unending, especially mixed with wrapping up a school year. I am just now seeing light at the end of this moving tunnel and feeling settled... just don't look in our garage.
The best part about this whole move is this is our home and we all love it! Well, the pool might be the favorite for the kids. I have already lost count of how many times the kids have been swimming, but that is what it is all about. I am just hoping I have a good enough green thumb to keep all of the beauty and blooms outside alive. I love seeing the absolute beauty of God's creation all around us. The view is breathtaking, and might also explain why unpacking was almost impossible.
 We can't wait to spend the summer soaking up the sun and planting memories that will last with us for a lifetime.



No comments: