Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Drama

This morning started out great. We got up had some breakfast and then Ty played while I took a shower to get ready for Bible Study. I am very excited to be able to attend this Mom's Bible Study. I started last year with Ty and he would just sleep in my lap. Then Ty got on to his nap schedule and we had to stop going because the group was in the middle of nap time. Not any more now that we are at ONE nap! Sorry to digress.
As you know Ty loves to pull on everything and anything. So, Ty pulled up on our bed and pulled down a shirt that was a hanger. Not a problem until I hear Ty screaming. I run to him and his mouth is full of blood. Oh my gosh I start to panic. I get a wet paper towel and put it in his mouth and the towel is soaked. I am in full panic mode now. So, I run out of the house with Ty and take him to my Parents. They are parents they know what to do. On the way Ty's mouth stopped bleeding and he was saying Ghee the whole time. Praise the lord. My lesson from this is I need to learn to stay calm when faced with a crisis. I did call the nurse and she just said watch for infection but Ty had a tetanus shot in August so he was ok in that area. I just don't like bleeding especially when it is coming from Ty. This is the second busted lip in a week. We have a BIG boy on our hands. I think it is time to start preparing myself for all the bumps, cuts, and scratches.
Ryan told me I broke our son. He then asked if I got pictures. I was not thinking about the camera.
Anyway I did make it to Bible Study with out Ty. I was prepared to take him and put him in the Nursery with his other friends but when we were leaving my parents house Ty kept reaching for my Mom/Ghee. So, Ghee kept him this morning. That kind of made me sad. Ty is one loved boy. Now my precious boy is sleeping. I hope we get through the rest of our day blood free.

1 comment:

WashburnWife said...

Honey, I would like to say that we grow out of that as mothers but we really don't. This summer my 11 yr. old hit his head on the edge of our coffee table and his head started gushing blood. Talk about a freaked out mom!!!! I was nuts!!! I ran next door to our neighbors house who happens to be a firefighter/EMT. Thank God for the people that he places in our lives for support!