Thursday, September 11, 2008

Random Thoughts and Things

Tyler loves to be outside and he loves the dogs. Yesterday the back door was unlocked and guess who learned to open the door to let his friends in? That would Ty. We must keep doors locked at all time.
Ryan called me on Monday night and told me that I was chosen as Westphalia's PTO Secretary for this school year. I did not even know I was in the running for it. I have always wanted to be apart of the the PTO I just thought I would have a child in school when I took part in this organization. Our first meeting is Monday night.


The JLBC is still my main volunteer commitment. I will admit that being the Provisional Chair is really time consuming. Thank goodness for nap time so I can sit at the computer and get work done. Our first meeting of the year is Tuesday. I can't wait. PTO on Monday and Junior League on Tuesday. Call me All American Mom.


I had a Doctors appointment yesterday. I got to see Dr. Fothergill. He is the Doctor that delivered Ty. (NO I AM NOT PREGNANT) Just a yearly exam. Thanks Mom for watching Ty. As I was walking in to the Lobby I noticed one one my old cheerleaders that I coached. She walked over to me and all I could do was stare at her baby bump. I tried so hard to sound happy, but my heart was breaking in side for her. She is still in High School and is not prepared to raise a child. My thoughts are with this precious girl.


I have joined facebook to help find and reconnect with current and old friends. Last week I started finding a lot of my brother's friends and a lot found me. It has been a true blessing for me to reconnect with Justin's friends again. A lot of them have commented on Ty and the wonderful tribute I gave to Justin by giving Ty Justin's middle name. Some of the comments have brought tears to my eyes. I love that Justin is still touching lives. What wonderful memories. Thank you facebook.


Today, September 11th reminds me of how blessed and thankful I was to not be on the 2 American Airlines flights that crashed on that tragic morning. If you did not know I was a Flight Attendant for American Airlines based in New York 7 years ago. I was in LA getting ready to board a flight back to New York. I am also thankful that my parents called me the night before to see where I was because, It took several hours to get through on the phone that day.

Random thoughts and things from today...........

1 comment:

The Armstrong Family said...

Holly, I had no idea you were a flight attendant on 9-11. What a crazy experience!
I think it is so cute that you are on the PTOfor Westphalia. You stay sooo busy! Have a great weekend resting up.