Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tyler's First Christmas Program

Thursday Morning was a very big day for the Steele Family because it marked the day of Ty's first Christmas Program at school. I was a nervous wreck that Morning. I ran some errands after I dropped Ty of but then I made my way back to the School around 10:15am. My Mom laughed at me because I started crying when I got Ty ready for school and his is big program. I guess I can't believe that my baby boy is old enough to be in Christmas Programs.
I was in the sanctuary by 10:30 am. The program started at 11:00am. I will say that I was not the first person there. I just wanted to be able to get good seats and be able to save seats for my parents. The best surprise is that Ryan walked in at the last minute. Ryan had finals all day Thursday at work so he did not think he would be able to get away. Thank you Ryan for making my Morning and especially Ty's.
Ty's school holds many wonderful memories for me because it was the church that I grew up in. The Sanctuary at FUMC in downtown Temple is beautiful and I sang many solos on the very spot where Ty stood. It was truly a special day for me. However, this church also holds some very sad and hard memories for my family but I will say that on Thursday the memories were that of pure joy even if the star had a case of stage fright!
Yes, when Ty saw us sitting in the audience he started crying. However, it did not last long and he NEVER left his square! Ty's group did three songs and finally on the last song Jingle Bells Ty rang his bells. At the end of their performance when the audience started clapping Ty got big smile on his face and started clapping and our favorite is when he shouted "YAY". We all laughed. Sure there was no dancing or singing like he practiced but I was still proud of my little boy. Here come the younger two's making there entrance in to the church.
Walking in and I think Ty was still trying to find us....
And her comes the pouty lip and tears. He kept saying "Mommy Mommy"
Ty looked like this the whole time.. What a sweet boy! At least he did not cry for that long.
The younger two class!!
Ringing the bells was the one thing he would do. It was funny because most of the kids in Ty's class were doing there own thing. Ty's friend Jett ( They have matching sweaters) kept chewing on his shirt sleeve the whole time. And Emma Claire the cute blond kept raising up her shirt so the audience could see her belly. Ty's first program is one that I will cherish for a long time.
After Ty got off of the stage and was sitting in Ghee's lap he clapped and danced during the rest of the performances.


We love Mrs. Kim! Ty's Teacher is so wonderful and I know she is the main reason why Ty loves going to school.

After the program my parents treated me and the little star to lunch at The French Quarter Cafe. Thank you Ghee and Poppy for coming to watch Ty in his First Program.
Ryan got the whole thing on video so I will work on getting it up and running on the blog. Sure there might have been some tears, but for Ty's first time in front of a big audience he did a great job and I was one proud Mommy.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness how precious!