Thursday, October 20, 2011

39 Weeks

"Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me." Psalm 103: 2

I am in the home stretch with my third pregnancy. I am still in shock and wondering how we got this far, this fast. However, I know that it took a lot of prayers, patience, faith and hope. I am in tears thinking about how much God has taught me these past 9 months and all that he has brought us through over the past year. I am so desperate to hold our precious miracle and know that everything is going to be ok.
That day will be here very soon, because as of yesterday we have a induction date set for Saturday, October 22. I have been 3 centimeters dilated and 50 % effaced for a while and I am having contractions, nothing too painful yet, but my body has been gearing up for a couple of weeks. Every time I start taking deep breaths around Ryan he always asks if I am ok... :) I know this is before my official due date, that date was a option but Ryan has to be in College Station that day for a oral presentation for the paper that he turned in on Sunday night, and I would really like for Ryan to be around.....:) I feel a huge sense of peace about this decision, and I still could go in to labor on my own. I felt very confident in making this decision yesterday.
For me this time around it is very important knowing that my Doctor will be there for the delivery. He knows us and our story, and he knows that I do not want to have re tell our story. He will be there from the beginning to the end and I am beyond thankful for that. I know that God already has Georgia Kate's birthday planned, so if it is meant October 22 then that is a perfect day to be born.

"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries in to prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness. everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It is wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life." Philippians 4: 6-7 ( Thank you Cindy, Landry's NICU Nurse for sharing this verse with me just at the perfect time.)

As usual I have received the most amazing texts, messages, and hugs from my amazing friends, and for that I praise God for all the beautiful women He has placed in my life. I am blessed!

4 comments:

Haley said...

I stumbled upon your blog a few months ago, randomly surfing through blogs. Your story captivated me and I just think you are so amazing. I am only 18 years old but you are a role model to me though I do not know you. You are a strong woman and reading your blog I never see you complain even though I know you had a tragic loss. I just wanted to say thank you for being such an inspiration to me and congratulations on your current pregnancy.

Ghee and Poppy said...

Psalm 91:11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;

We love you dear daughter.

Lisa said...

I can't wait to hear the news. I was the same way about having my doctor there, she was so amazing. I was glad to have been induced because it was more controlled and kept my anxiety in check a bit, plus we picked a date my dr. was on call. You are almost there!!

Sarah Erwin said...

I am praying for you all each step of the way!! God does have such amazing plans for little GK, and I can't wait to hold her myself soon! :)