Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend

Every year Ryan attends a weekend long School Board Convention, so over the weekend Ryan did just that. They change cities every 2 years. We have been to Dallas, Houston, and now Austin. I always enjoy these weekends because I get to tag along. I was thankful for Austin this year because it is very close (we only stayed one night this year) to us and I will not be traveling any where too far these days.
I told Ryan a few days before that we could treat this like a "Baby Moon" we always talked about doing this with both boys but we never did. It was really a perfect "Baby Moon" for Ryan because we were treated to a nice dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and a nice Hotel Room for a night, all of which Ryan did not have to pay for.... prefect weekend if you ask Ryan. :) The only draw back was Ryan was in meetings all day Friday, but I did some shopping.... perfect day in my eyes.
I was able to return a couple of items to Pottery Barn Kids, and buy Gk's Halloween treat bag that is like Tyler's (it just has to get monogrammed). I also got a changing pad cover that was a must get item. I had several new ones that were bought for Landry, but they were all blue. I did put the changing pad on since there is a shade blue in the bumper pad but I could not bring myself use it, so I took it off. As of yesterday, we marked Changing Pad covers off our list.... Gk now has several. It has been a little different this time around because I decided against a Shower.... I will explain more later.
On Friday I was also able to get Ryan's shirt that he is going to wear on GK's Birthday. It is of course Pink, but he is being a good sport about it. I also hit a Toy's R Us/Babies R Us and got our Big Brother, Little Sister gifts. GK is giving Ty a train that he has been wanting and Tyler is giving GK a train, that I am sure she will love. :) We wanted Ty to tell us what to get GK, and of course he wanted to get her a train... at least it is a girl train. :) We are really doing things a lot different this time around but it feels right. I was thankful for a productive Friday in Austin.
Saturday Morning Ryan hit another conference before we headed back to Temple for Tyler's Soccer Game. After Ty's game Ryan made his way back to Austin and I got to spend the day with our biggest. I am soaking up all of our time together these days.
Our Sunday was filled Church, football, errands (Mommy now has some new clothes to wear for GK's arrival) and Bible Study. I love weekends and days when I can cross stuff off my never ending to do list.

No comments: