Thursday, October 6, 2011

Baby Shower

Going in Landry's room for the first time was one of the hardest things I have ever done, and of course his room, closet, and drawers were filled with all sorts of special gifts from his special Shower. I stressed over those beautiful gifts for a while and wondered if I should give them back, but several people reassured me that people were not expecting to get those gifts back.
Landry's shower was absolutely perfect in every way and I cherish the memories I have from that special day. I know it would make sense to have one this time around since we are having a girl and obviously we have no girl items in this house, well except my stuff... but nothing for sweet little girls. Obviously, that has changed. :)
When I got asked about Showers my heart was not ready for that and I am still ok with that decision. I still get asked why and I know some people still don't understand why, but in my eyes Landry's shower was perfect in every way and I would like for his shower to be my last, so I can always cherish those special memories and all of his beautiful and thoughtful gifts.
Of course, the amazing friends I have wanted to do something, so Georgia Kate will be having a Sip N See in December! Also GK's drawers and closet are semi full thanks to friends who don't mind sharing clothes. We still lack two items that are must haves, but I know those items will come. I know things have been done a lot differently this time around, but for us it seems right.

No comments: