Friday, December 9, 2011

Forever Changed

Today is one of those dates that will be forever etched in my memory. 21 years ago today I woke to the sounds of my mother screaming and then I heard the words that changed my life forever.... "Justin is in Heaven". I went to sleep that night as a little sister and in a instant I became a only child.
To this day I will never never know why he was taken from us, but I am so thankful for the wonderful memories that I have of him and in my heart I will always be Justin Vaughn's little sister.... I heard those words a lot growing up. Justin was one of a kind and he was loved and adored by so many.
This Morning Tyler was playing with Georgia Kate on her play mat and tears immediately filled my eyes as I thought of my older brother, and I truly hope that my kids grow to have a beautiful relationship like the one that was beginning to form between me and Justin.
Today, I choose to find JOY in all of the many blessings in my life, and one of the greatest blessings to me is being a little sister to a brother in Heaven. I can only imagine what it will be like when I see him again one day!

No comments: