Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Stockings Were Hung By The Chimney With Care

4 stockings to be exact, well 6 if you count the stockings for our dogs! :) I can't tell you how much I loved being able to hang four stockings this year.
I ordered these adorable Pottery Barn stockings when Tyler was born, and I ordered 4 so when we did have another one I would not have to worry about them not being in stock or available any more. I am sure some of you think I am crazy, but I used to be a huge planner. Well, I must of known we were going to have another boy because the stocking I ordered was very boyish. That 4th stocking was perfect for Landry, and it will always be his stalking. My heart ached when I saw it again this year. Since I only had one girlie stalking I did have to order a new one this year for our precious girl. I took it took a local place to have Georgia Kate put on it, because PB would not put GK's full name on the stocking... too many letters. :)
Every time I walk by our mantle I can't help but smile at our stalkings! It is just another reminder of how God can turn all things beautiful again.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Holly sometimes I swear you read my mind. I have been meaning to take a picture of our mantle. I thought the SAME thing about hanging 4 stockings (and we also technically have 6 - one for the dog and cat). And I also bought 4 stockings awhile back so they would match - however our 4th stocking is blue and so perfect for Coen. It would have been Adelyn's anyway had she lived, but it is Coen's now. I made a candle to represent Adelyn for our mantle.