Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Landry's Sidewalk

A sweet couple that has a son on the row behind Landry brought this beautiful potted plant over on Friday for Landry, and it looks so beautiful. Such a precious gift. Water dripped so that is what is on his headstone.
Landry's Little Sister. I adore this.



Sweet, Sister surveying the work. :)

Big Brother worked so hard on Landry's sidewalk. He truly was a big help.









Over the Easter Weekend we broke ground on a sidewalk by Landry's Grave. I refer to it as Landry's sidewalk. My Dad mentioned doing this a while back so both of my parents went and talked the Head of the Cemetery and they gave my parents permission to add a sidewalk and I really think it is going to make a huge difference.

My Dad, Ryan, John (he works for my Dad) and of course Tyler worked hard on Friday and Saturday getting it all dug up and marked. We are now waiting for them to pour the concrete. I am so excited about this and I hope that this will help with the up keep in the Baby Land area. I am still amazed by the number of babies that have been buried there this year. It is just heartbreaking every time I see a new plot.

I am so thankful to Ryan and my Dad for all of their hard work and determination this past weekend. It truly was a labor of love and that touches my heart. Thank you for loving Landry and making something so meaningful in his memory.

Georgia Kate spent some time there as well and this was the first time that I got her out of the car. She goes with me a lot when I go to check on his site, but I usually leave her in the car with the car running.... of course. :) I can't wait to tell Georgia Kate all about her amazing Big Brother, Landry. I still see a lot of him in her, and I love every little glimpse. I also love how much Tyler wanted to help, too. Landry has made such a huge impact in our lives and I am so thankful that he is apart of our family.

Landry's sidewalk will always hold special memories for me because it was built with so much love, pride, sweat, and tears.

No comments: