Friday, January 30, 2009

New Routine

Ty is obsessed with our toilet plunger. Yes, that is what you see in the tub.




We have started a new bed time routine with Ty this week. The first change is after Ty's bath we brush his teeth with his very own tooth brush. The Dr. said now is the time to start brushing his teeth after every meal and before bed time. I knew Ty would like a tooth brush because he loved mine. Now most of you are going to think I am crazy but I was still giving Ty a bottle with milk in it right before he went to bed. To be honest it was one of my favorite times of the day because Ty would be all ready for bed and then I would sit in the rock and give Ty his bottle. It was a very peaceful time for me. As you know I am a huge fan of Baby Wise and it stated to keep the bottle until 15 months or so, but I did it longer because a lot of my friends said they stopped at 18 months. Monday night we said good-bye to the bottle for good*tear...sniff*. Instead we have several bed time books so we read two stories (just like we do for nap time) turn on Ty's music, say our prayers, and then it is time to lay down. The first couple of nights he fought it when I put him down, which he is always awake when I put him down, but I guess he knew something different. Last night was a little better and he still sleeps all night, so I guess he didn't need that silly bottle after all. I think it was just my way of wanting to hold on and trying to keep Ty my baby forever.
We are thrilled it is Friday we started out our morning by going to Open Gym this morning. Tyler and I start Mommy and Me Gymnastics on Monday! We saw so many friends this morning and had a blast. Sorry no pictures. After Ty's nap we are heading over to play with some more friends, and then tonight I get a girls night out with my best friend Sara that is coming in to town. We are going to go out with our Mom's. Ryan does not have class tomorrow so that is wonderful. Sunday is our Supper Club Super Bowl Party. It should be a fun weekend.

No comments: