Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Patience

Yesterday afternoon I had a Realtor and Potential buyers ring my door bell and what to look at the house. It really caught me off guard because I did not get any warning that people were coming to look at our house. Was my house ready? NO!!!
We have had a lot of rain this week so the dog's have been in and out a lot, so I have mud and dirt on our floors. Ty has had to be inside a lot more so I had toys everywhere. My house was no where close to being show ready. However, I did want to turn them away so I said wait just a minute. I threw stuff everywhere and put the Dog's in the garage. Ty and I did not have time to leave. It was Nightmare.
Everyone tells me that I have to be prepared and I guess that is true. I was NOT prepared. Therefore, I have been really disappointed in myself ever since yesterday because I see our house as my job and I feel like I am failing at keeping it spotless. I know that might sound crazy but it is true. I just keep thinking about what the people must of thought of me and our house. Therefore, I need to start praying for patience. I don't know why I thought it would be easy to put our home on the market, but it has been a challenge for me. It is a very slow process. Yesterday was our second showing and now we may go another week or two with out anything. I know, Patience.

4 comments:

The Eidson Family said...

Don't beat yourself up! There's an element of professional courtesy that was clearly lost on the realtor that sprung that visit on you. If they can't manage to give you a heads up, then they should only expect a home's residents to actually be LIVING in their home . . . Besides, I have a good feeling that Holly's "disaster" is actually pretty dang tidy! ;-) We had a the same thing happen in Galveston and I had MEAT THAWING in the sink for dinner . . . talk about surprises.

Holly Steele said...

Thanks Kristy! I needed to hear that! We hope to see you and the boys soon:)

Linda said...

Do not worry about how the house looked...I have never seen it look as bad as you felt it looked. As many times as we looked at houses in the places we moved...we never came unannounced and definitely would take into account when people were home.

Ryan said...

Must be YOUR stuff. I ALWAYS clean up my messes!