Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Group B Strep Infection

Yesterday Morning when I went to the Doctor I found out that I had Group B Strep Infection- this is a form of bacteria that can be found in pregnant women. I was tested for it at my last appointment. Of course I started to panic because I did not develop this with Ty. I will be given an antibiotic when I go in to labor with Landry. The antibiotic should prevent Landry from getting any sort of infection during delivery. My prayer is that it works and that Landry remains healthy.
Doctor Fothergill reassured that it can be common for women to develop this bacteria with 2nd pregnancies and he told me that he wife developed it with their 2nd, so I felt a little better when I head that. I am still trying to remain calm and positive and just continue to pray for a healthy labor and delivery.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I had it with clark and my friend had it with her second, but not first and everything turned out perfect with both of our babies. Landry will be perfect.

Take care and God bless you and baby Landry.

lvaught said...

I had it with Madison too...everything will be just perfect with you and Landry :)...tell the nurse and dr as soon as you get there...or in my case everyone and the janitor too just in case :)