Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ball Rub

On Saturday Morning the kids and I joined Ghee and Poppy and made our Rockwall to visit family. Ryan stayed home so he could have a nice quiet weekend to work on his dissertation... he really got so much done while we were away, so I will be planning more weekend get aways in the near future. :)
This was Georgia Kate's first trip to Rockwall and first time meeting several family members. She was a big hit! One of the reasons we chose last weekend is my Aunt and Uncle were hosting a Major League Ball Rub... for the Texas Rangers of course! My Cousin is the bull pen Catcher, so this is his job every year..... I have never seen so many balls in my life. There was a house (garage) full ready to help muddy up some balls. Of course our family was all adorned in Texas Ranger gear... GK looked the cutest, she even cot a red bow for the occasion. It was such a fun experience, and I hope we can make this a tradition every year.
If you ask what his favorite part of the weekend was, he will tell you staying at a Hotel and swimming in the Hotel Pool... Ty was a fish and had so much fun. All ready for a fun weekend.


Georgia Kate meeting one of her Great Grandmother's (Ma) for the first time.



Ready to muddy up some baseballs. This was not even the full crowd...

My Cousin, Josh is the one demonstrating how it's done And the Guy that is sitting next to him (with out the hat one) just signed to play for the Houston Astros.


Ghee and my Aunt Rusty Ann. I wish I would have gotten pictures with the rest of her Great Aunts, but there was just too many people.

Of course I had to get Tyler doing what he does best... cannon balls!

And on our way home we were able to meet up with Nana and Papa for lunch. That was a very special treat. Too bad Ty pouted when it was time to take a picture... not always the best sport when it comes to pictures these days.


What a whirlwind trip..... it was so worth it, though! I love getting to show our precious Georgia Kate off to everybody. Thankfully our week has not been to busy, so we have been able to spend some much needed time at home.














1 comment: