Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Still

Yesterday marked Landry's 20 months in Heaven. How can be that we nearing the 2 year marker so soon?!?! The past 20 months have held so many heartbreaking moments but mixed with the heartache has come complete joy and a restoring of hope.
It's a continual heartbreak for me to know what I am and always will be missing with Landry. God has taught me to squeeze the life out of every moment I have with Tyler and Georgia Kate, and also with Ryan. I am so thankful for our precious children that we are so thankful to be raising. They feel my arms and bring laughter to our home.
At times I still can't believe this happened to us. However, I have found so much comfort in meeting women who share the same heartache as me it is very comforting for me. I carry Landry always in my heart and I think of him as I look at Tyler and GK together. Landry will always be such a important part of our life and I am thankful for that. Our family does not feel complete to me but I know that feeling will come on day when we are all 5 together in Heaven. What a beautiful sight that will be. I love and miss Landry so much and I am so thankful for his beautiful life. His 43 hours changed me forever and for that I am truly grateful for. Tears still can find away to the surface when my thoughts linger too long but a smile is always close behind.

Psalms 34:8
Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge him.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am thankful to have found others as well. Thank you for posting this, as I have been feeling similar lately. I have had a lump in my throat all day and the only thing that lifts me up are my kids here on earth. I just miss my baby girl so much lately :(