Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Project Prom

Project Prom was 2 Saturdays ago and it was absolutely amazing and still remains one of my favorite projects. We were able to serve 21 Ladies this year from area schools, and that is the most we have been able to touch, what a great 3rd year for this community project!!! We turned our resale store in to a Prom Wonderland. There were so many amazing dresses, shoes, and accessories for the girls to choose from. Once they had everything to look beautiful we surprised them salon and restaurant gift certificates. Please note, everything is free of charge to these ladies. This project is made possible by generous donations and community sponsors.
 The faces and reaction of the young ladies and their family members always touches my heart. We are not able to take pictures of the girls faces, but we bought some masks and they thought that was fun, I mean how cute is that pink dress.
Project Prom was so amazing this year and I loved seeing the growth of it, that was my goal. I can't wait to see next year because it can only get bigger. I had to attach a picture of a note from a young lady that we served this year. That note reminds me of how much I love JLBC and makes all the hours of volunteering worth it.




Well my 3 full weeks with Junior League started last Tuesday and continued last night with our monthly General Membership Meeting. Only 2 more to go, but who is counting!! ;) Anyway during these weeks I find it hard to catch up and especially this week, since we have had a sick Daddy at home since yesterday. I always know when Ryan is REALLY sick, because he stays home from work and he never misses work for anything.
Basketball wrapped up last night for Tyler, I am still not sure how Ryan coached... Tyler got to celebrate at 5 Guys with Ghee and Poppy and then Ghee came back to get the kids ready for bed... thank you, Mom.
Now we are on to Soccer and Tball, geez.... we don't know how to slow down, do we. ;)

No comments: