Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bedtime Stories

 
Tyler has really become interested in reading this year and I'm so thankful for that. We became so relaxed with our bedtime stories last year due to our hectic schedules and the fact that one of us was almost gone every night during the week. This year it has become a top priority again, and I love that Ty has a reading log in his take home folder that really holds us accountable for reading with Tyler and Georgia Kate. Usually we snuggle up in Ty's bed while I read but ever since Tuesday, Ty has wanted to read to us. We have a few of those step into reading books (I am about to invest in a couple of more) which are great because they are short and have a lot of the basic sight words that Tyler is learning and already knows.
 It has giving me great joy to see Tyler doing so well with all the changes this year. Honestly,  I think back to all the changes that have occurred the past 3 years in our live and Tyler has handled everything so gracefully. I am so proud and in awe of our biggest.
Tyler loves school and so far this year has been such a positive experience for him. It has been so fun to see him so eager about learning and wanting to try and explore new things everyday. For instance Tyler wants to buy his lunch tomorrow... what? The worlds most picky eater wants to eat cafeteria food. This I have got to see.         
 
 


No comments: