Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Bon Voyage

My precious friend, Lacy put together such a special " See You Later" party. We decided it was not a Good-Bye Party. I really don't like good-byes, so see you later works just fine. It was such a wonderful evening spent with some of my favorite ladies in the world. I was so thankful for all of the special friends who came and I wish I could have gotten pictures with everyone that night.
I have been so very thankful for all the many special friendships that were formed through my years in Temple. Some were formed through Childhood, Junior League, and Bible Studies. I miss them all so much and can't wait to see them again. Our family was so blessed and thankful for a wonderful support system of amazing friends.      
 






 
Being the new girl on the block is tough and I have had a couple of rough weeks. Our first week here was spent in a hotel so the move did not seem official, yet. The second week my mom stayed the whole week and helped me unpack and decorate. The third week (last week) was my hardest and I have had my moments of loneliness this week but I am working hard to get connected.
I contacted a MOPS group that I found in Katy but they were overflowing and I could probably not join until the spring. I have never done MOPS before, but I thought this would be a great way to meet other women, especially moms. I was told by one of the MOP directors that one of the women in MOPS was starting a bible study at First Baptist Katy where MOPS is held, and she gave me her contact info. Yesterday with the help of my little side kick, GK we went to our first Bible Study in our new area. Georgia Kate LOVED the play area and did not even cry when I dropped her off. I think she was needing a break from me. I sat with a group of nice ladies, and we will go back next Tuesday. Baby steps. Last night Tyler's school had their first PTO meeting, and I'm still shaking my head as to how I got roped in to being President of the PTO. Didn't I just finish a Presidency last year? Well, I was looking for a way to get involved... I think I found it. Thank goodness I have connections with the Deputy Superintendent.
This is the first Sunday that we will be able to start visiting Churches in the area, so I know once we get connected to a good church home it will help us feel connected to the area and others. 
I also miss my JLBC family so much. Last night was our first General Membership Meeting of the year and it was so hard not to be able to be there. I have gone back and fourth about transferring my membership to the Houston league, but I am really struggling with that decision. I know it would help me to get connected to other women in the area plus learn more about the Houston area and our community. I know they make a huge impact here and my heart still hold a very big spot for volunteering and making a difference in the lives of others. However, it is very difficult for me to leave JLBC after all they have done for me and family over the years. I'm in tears thinking about it. I know JLBC will always have my heart no matter where I go, but I'm still torn. The next transfer class starts in January, so I still have some time.
Baby steps. Baby steps.   
 

No comments: