Friday, August 8, 2008

12 Month Doctor Check-Up

Ty had his 12 month Doctor visit yesterday. From the picture below you will see that Ty was not a happy boy when I put him on the scale. I guess he did not want to see how much he weighed. However, as soon as we went to measure Ty to see how tall he was, Ty was just fine. I don't like getting weighed either, Ty. Any guesses on how much he weighs? 25 Pounds 31 1/2 inches tall. Ty is is the 90Th percentile for weight and height! Daddy was proud when I called to give him the stats. Can you believe I am carrying around a 25 pound boy?!?!
Ty was such a little trooper yesterday. He talked the whole time to his pediatrician, Dr. Santema. He even showed her some of his tricks. Ty survived 4 shots and blood work! I did not know about the blood work, but Dr. Santema likes to test their iron levels every 6 months. Not every pediatrician does this, but of course we have the one that does. Ty was WONDERFUL! I was amazed at how brave he was yesterday. Thank you Mom for going with us. You were strong too! Ghee hated to see Ty get shots. After being at the Doctors for 2 hours we finally headed home.
Since Ty was such a good boy at the Doctors, Ghee treated him to a taste of chocolate. I think he deserved it too!

Now that Ty is 12 months we are trying whole milk. It is a work in progress, but he seems to like it. We actually just started this morning with whole milk. I wanted to wait till his 12 month check-up so I could ask a million questions. This is all new to me, but we are learning. Happy Friday.

No comments: