Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Precious Family

While I was in New Orleans last week for my Aunt Marsha's Funeral It made me think a lot about family and how truly blessed I am to be part of such a special family.
On Friday night after the funeral we all gathered for dinner in the French Quarter and shared some of the special memories we have of Marsha. There were a lot of stories filled with laughter and some with tears. How wonderful to have all of these precious memories. After dinner we went to Bourbon Street. Something you have to do while you are in New Orleans.
I must say that I am impressed with New Orleans and how wonderful it looks. They have done a great job rebuilding the City. Below are some pictures I took on Friday night. Uncle John (Dad's Brother) with my Cousin Caroline. Caroline will be a Freshman next year at A&M! She starts rush soon. I was able to write her a recommendation. Go Alpha Delta Pi!
Me and my Mom with John's wife Mary with Caroline. John and Mary have another daughter Claire. Claire has been in Europe all summer studying. She is a student at the University of Georgia. We missed her very much. I know she wishes she was there, too. Have a safe trip home.
My Aunt Carol (Dad's Sister) with all of the beautiful Nieces minus Claire.
Lauren, Caroline, Meghan, and Me.
Lauren and Meghan are my Aunt Marsha's beautiful Daughters. They are both truly amazing girls that have so many wonderful talents. I love you Lauren and Meghan. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Sister in Laws AKA the Out-Laws! My Mom and Mary share such a special friendship. I love being with them, because they always make you laugh. They truly are Old Sames.

I also got to see one of my best friends, Rebekah while I was in New Orleans but did not have my camera with me.

Also, I was Tagged by my friend Sally, so I will get to that one soon. Tonight is crazy with a Junior League Perspective Member Meeting. We hope to have some more wonderful girls join the fall class. After the meeting I will head to Book Club. Busy! However, I get to see a lot of my friends.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Sweet pictures!!! You and Caroline could pass as sisters :) Glad you got to spend some good time with your family!! Love and miss you friend!

The Armstrong Family said...

What darling pictures of your family! It looks like you all took advantage of being together to celebrate the life of Marsha. No pressure on the tag...It took me two weeks to respond to mine! Can't believe how busy you are. I'm looking forward to seeing you on the 16th for "Champagne by the Pool"!