Monday, January 23, 2012

Adjustment

I get asked a lot how I am adjusting to having two kids and most of the time my heart drops when I hear this, because I have three kids... but it is hard because you just can't see one of them, but Landry is always in my heart. Therefore, my response is always the same. I have been ready for two kids for over a year, so I am loving every minute of it! And that is true... I love it!
Honestly I was adjusting to two after Landry was born, granted we never left the Hospital with Landry, but Tyler was at the hospital the majority of the time, so we had to find a way to give each of our boys the love and attention that they needed, and that was challenging and heart breaking all at the same time.
Of course bringing Georgia Kate home was a adjustment in several ways, but it felt so good to finally have the craziness in our house that we were dreaming of with Landry. Now we have a system that seems to work most of the time. Sure it took some time, and the most exhausting part is the nights that Ryan works late and it is just me for dinner, bath, and bed... I am tired just typing that :)...... but we got a really good routine in place for those occasions, so I am much more calm and pleasant!
I know in most peoples eyes I am the Mother of two, but there will always be that one little boy in the middle that people can not see. Adjusting because of a growing family is a challenging and rewarding task that I am proud to be apart of.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It is quite an adjustment, and so hard to know how to handle comments from others. Evenings are definitely crazy at our house too, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Tara said...

Holly,
I never know where to comment back but thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog!
I couldn't agree with you more on this post. I am so tired but loving every minute!
Your little girl is too cute for words!