Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Paying It Forward

Last week seems like a blur and I still feel like I am still trying to catch up on everything. It is easy to feel this way when you are taking care of 4 instead of 2. I guess I should point put that the extra 2 were my parents. My parents thought it would be fun to plan surgeries on the same day..... I really questioned this so many times since I would be the primary care taker, but looking back on everything it all went very smoothly. Last Wednesday both of my parents went in for minor procedures. Of course they had to be at different locations... but it all worked out. Times like these make me miss my Brother, and dread becoming a only child. Thanfully I have a wonderful Husband and Family. Not to mention my parents amazing friends that were willing to help me. My Aunt came in from Austin and was with my Mom, and I was at Scott and White with my Dad and Georgia Kate. My Dad was in good spirits before his Surgery and of course loved showing Georgia Kate off. I should say that GK did really well for the all the time we spent in the waiting room.....waiting.
Ryan was willing to take a half day so he could pick Tyler up at school and then they came up to Scott and White so we could have some lunch and wait together. After lunch I was really flustered and tired. Therefore, after we spoke to the Doctor about my Dad, Ryan agreed to stay and wait for my Dad and take him home. I really don't know what I would have done with out Ryan.... Thank you. I was able to go home and get the kids ready for Ghee and Poppy's house..... I was there nurse on Wednesday night. :) Ryan called me at one point on Wednesday evening to see how the kids were doing. I think I got everyone situated and all in bed by 8. I kept telling my parents I was going to get them on Georgia Kate's schedule to make it easier for me. :) The next morning was a little better, and they were able to get around a little bit better. I am so thankful that they both have had a quick and easy recovery so far.
My parents have done so much for me over the years that last week and even grocery shopping for them today has made me realize how thankful I am for them and how I would not want to be any other place right now.

No comments: