Monday, January 30, 2012

Inspired

I left Thursday afternoon and made my way to Austin and then to Houston! Thankfully, I had our President Elect, Elect with me to keep me company. I dropped Tyler and Georgia Kate off with Ghee and Poppy before I hit the road and there were not any tears when I left (I guess they were excited about some Ghee and Poppy time). We arrived at our Hotel just in time to register and get ready for the Welcome Reception at the Headquarters for the Junior League of Houston. WOW!! Talk about a inspiring Building and League.
Friday and Saturday were jam packed with inspirational and motivating training sessions! Those sessions really made me realize how blessed I am to be apart of such a amazing organization that is touching lives all over the world, but it also freaks me out in a way that JLBC is entrusting me to run our League!! :) It is hard to fathom that in only a matter of months I will be the President of the Junior League of Bell County. I have truly been given a amazing challenge that I am ready to tackle, and thankfully I have some amazing Actives and Sustaining Members (I am referring to you, Jen..... get ready. :) ) that will be such a huge wealth of knowledge and support during my Presidency.
Friday night I had dinner at the Melting Pot with a whole bunch of amazing Women from all over West Texas... Abilene, Lubbock, San Angelo, Wichita Falls.... the list goes on. I have had the opportunity to become good friends with these women, and I know we will all depend on one another next year.
I arrived home late Saturday night, and I was so ready to see my family... too bad the little people in our house were asleep. I really wanted to wake them up, but did not. I am so thankful to my amazing parents and husband for taking such good care of Ty and GK while I was gone. Thank you for loving and supporting me on this journey!

No comments: