Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Project Smile

This year our League started a new Community Project that is truly amazing and rewarding. Once a month we go in to the New Scott and White Children's Hospital that just opened in October and do various activities with the Children that are staying there. The new Hospital is incredible.... WOW!
The theme for this Month was "Big Hearts and Little Hands Party". We made several Valentine crafts with the precious Children and their families. Several of the kids are allowed to come down to the craft/play room but some kids are not able to leave their rooms so we take the party to them. I had the opportunity to to visit a 4 year year old little boy, and make a a cute Valentine truck with him. He was so precious, and he loves Cars, and especially the movie, Cars. He really knew his stuff and his room was decked out with lots of Cars and trucks. :) I continue to think and pray for this little boy very often... he really touched my heart.
All I know is when I got home I hugged my precious children a little tighter.... life is so precious and you must truly cherish everyday.
JLBC is truly doing the most good in our Community, and for those that are in League and are reading this post and have yet to Volunteer for Project Smile I urge to attend next month. You will not be sorry, and I think it will change your life..... I know my heart was touched.


No comments: