Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wedding Weekend


Last weekend Ryan was a Groomsmen in a Wedding for on of his College Roommates. The Wedding was in the Marble Falls/Horseshoe Bay area. Therefore, just the two of us snuck away on Friday afternoon for the Rehearsal Dinner. I can't think of the last time we were able to get away just the two of us, so it really was a special treat. Thanks, Ghee and Poppy! The kids adore you and always love when they get to spend the night, especially Tyler.
It rained on and off all day Saturday, even in Temple. Which was kind of a blessing because that meant we did not have to head back home Saturday Morning for Soccer pictures and a game, and then after that drive back to Marble Falls for the wedding.... that was our plan, but thanks to the rain we were able to enjoy a rainy Saturday away. Ryan told me that morning over breakfast to find something for us to day, and I did. We went to Vineyard and did some wine tasting. :) Ryan is such a good sport, and we had a fun adventure. We actually brought 3 bottles home with us. Were were also done before any of the football games Ryan wanted to watch, so it was a good day for both of us... wine and football.
The wedding was supposed to be outside, but was moved inside because of the rain. I will say that the bride was really organized and prepared with a plan a and plan b. They practiced both scenarios at the rehearsal on friday evening, prepared! It was a gorgeous and fun wedding. I think I got Ryan to dance with me once. He told me he was saving up all of his dance moves for November, JL In League Fundraiser. HA!
Ryan's friend graduated from Tech, so the colors were red and black. I laughed so hard when I first saw Ryan's tux, but I think red and black look good on Ryan. I just had to post a picture of the Groomsmen cake. I stared at it for the longest time, and I will admit I touched it to see it it was real. :) Very creative. I still can't believe they cut in to that masterpiece.
Such a wonderful weekend to sneak away, but it felt so good to get home to our kiddos on Sunday Morning.

No comments: