Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Last One

Last night marked my official last board meeting as the 2012-2013 Junior League of Bell County President. It was very bittersweet for me and felt on the verge of tears during the welcome and closing, and I still feel on the verge of tears as I type this. This journey has been amazing and serving as President was such a privilege and honor, no I am not officially done but the year is wrapping up... fast.

I began this journey 7 years ago this January, and I served on the board during 4 of those years.
 It seemed just like yesterday when I walked in to the Second Hand Rose for my first Potential Member meeting, not knowing anyone or what to expect, and last night as I was locking up the doors to the SHR the tears finally fell. I can honestly say that JLBC helped transform in to a leader, and to give all that you can because the impact that we make on our community and those around us will inspire and encourage you to want to do and give more. The friends I have made through JLBC hold such a special place in my heart and I love and care for them deeply. They all have the biggest hearts, and we really love to have fun together, doing non Junior League stuff. I am also thankful for all my West Texas Junior League President's who have shared this journey with me. We always kept in touch to make sure we we were surviving, we are almost there and I can't wait to see them in Washington DC!!

When I walked in the door last night, Ryan asked me how it went and I said, "It was my last board meeting" His response "YAY". Well, at least one of us is excited right now. ;) He kept repeating it, too!  I know it has been tough for my family, so I truly appreciate all their support. Ryan and my parents have been so supportive and have encouraged every step of the way. No, my JLBC journey is not over, but my journey on the road to my presidency and my presidency are coming to close. I can't wait to see what the next chapter holds.   
I made these for my board members last night, I love doing little things to encourage them. I bought a variety of candy to choose from. Thank you Pinterest!

No comments: