Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ear Infection

Doing much better today. Ty's favorite toy is my hand held vacuum. He goes all over the house with that thing.


Well the verdict is in on Ty and it looks like we have the case of our first Ear Infection.
Ty was up and down all day yesterday but then he went really down hill last night, which meant Tyler and I did not get a lot of sleep. That is when I decided I better get Ty to the weekend clinic at Scott and White. I called them at 7:30 am and we got an appointment for 8 am! Talk about a scramble. We got in right away to see Dr. Santema which is Ty's Pediatrician. How great for us. I was relieved when we got the verdict and got the prescription for his antibiotic that he must take for 10 days. Who knows how long Ty's poor ear has been hurting him, because he did not show the sign like tugging at his ear. That is what it said in the book! I guess books are not always right. Dr. Santema mentioned it was probably caused by all the drainage in his nose. We always get drainage while teething.
After the first dose of the Antibiotic Ty was talking and laughing up a storm. What a wonderful sound to hear again. We will take it one day at a time and hopefully kick it soon! Please continue to keep Ty in your prayers. I know they help!
Ryan is in his last class today. One down One more to go for the fall. He will start his next class in 2 weeks. We hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

oh no! I hope he starts feeling better soon! Ear infections are the absolute worst!! Miss you guys!!