Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bitter Sweet

Next Thursday at 9:00 am we will be saying good-bye to our first home. We will also be saying hello to our second home.
I have been reflecting a lot this week on how blessed we have been while in our current home. Here are a few details behind our Park Place House. It was built in 2004 by the great Jim Vaughn (for those of you who don't know that is my Dad). My parent's are very well known in this area for building great homes.
Ryan proposed to me on December 31, 2004 (it was before midnight). We were planning a July 2nd, 2005 wedding. We were both in rent homes at the time but wanted to buy a home. My parent's moved to Florida in 2004. We drove around looking at homes but I knew there was still one Jim Vaughn Home left. I had loved this home from the time it was being built. We closed in April and I moved on May 2005. May marked four years in this house. The reason the home meant a lot to me is because it was the last home my parent's built before they moved to Florida and I did not know at the time they would be back.
This house has so many wonderful Memories: The beginning of my new life with Ryan and the birth of Tyler Justin Steele. It is hard to type this without crying. My prayer is that the women that bought our first house has the same wonderful memories as we have the past 4 years.
Next Thursday we will be closing one door but opening another door. I can't wait to see what our second house holds for us.
Thank you Ryan for buying the home on Park Place for me and thank you Mom and Dad for building such a great home for us to grow in.

1 comment:

Heather B. said...

You almost had me crying with this post! I know how emotional it must be. I feel the same way about our house. It will be hard to say goodbye to it too!!! I can't wait to see your new house. I took my parents by it last week and they loved it! It is awesome!