Sunday, June 30, 2013

Color UP

 
Yesterday Morning I participated in the Color UP 5k that was in Temple at Lions Park. A 5k at the end of June in Texas..... in one word, HOT!!!
I heard about this April and thought it would be fun to do with some friends. There were actually going to be 6 of us doing it together, but some how it dwindled. Thankfully, Lacy did not leave me. Anyone that does a 5k with you in June at 8:30 on a Saturday morning at Lions Park (so many hills) is a true friend in my book. Thanks, Lacy for sticking with me.
We showed up to the the race all nice and clean and we left with sweat and a nice array of colors all over us. But what would a color run be with out color bomb (colored powder) stations through out the course. I was very impressed with the turn out. This is the first time that the Color Up has come to Temple, and I think it was a huge success. I had a lot fun and I'm just thankful that I survived the heat and hills. Lions park is a challenging course. What a great weekend with good friends and lots of fun colors. A great way to gear up for the 4th of July.       
 
 

Ryan and the kids were there for the entire race, as well. I had a great group of cheerleaders.  Thankfully there was a playground close by and they ran in to some friends who's Mommy was doing the race, too.  


Of course I had to get a before and after shot. I'm still not sure how Lacy stayed so clean, well she did tell me after it was over that she used me as her human shield. ;) I think it worked. I mean you would have thought I rolled in the blue powder, which several participants did get down and roll in the colors. I promise you I was not one of those people. Just a lucky shot with blue.
 
 

No comments: