Saturday, November 7, 2009

Preview Party

Last night was the Preview Party for the Junior League Fall Provisional "Extreme Home Makeover" Sale at the Second Hand Rose. I was there when these very talented Provisional Members started brainstorming their ideas for this sale and then working with them this last week and see everything come together has truly been an amazing experience. I am so proud all of of these young women and I am excited to see what all they will bring to the Junior League as Active Members. It is hard to believe that I am going on 4 years with JLBC. I have enjoyed every moment and have grown so much through all my experiences with this special league. Here is part of the Fall Provisional class.(Me, Christy, Shala, Megaen, Katie, Kerrie, Natalie, Lauren, Teran, and Christina) Most of you know about the tragedy our community went through on Thursday with the Mass Shooting in Ft. Hood. It truly was a tragedy that hit home for several of our League Members. I was amazed at the number of League Members who had loved ones on base that day. We are already searching for ways that we can help out those in need in the Killeen/Ft. Hood area. Therefore, a lot of our members were with family. Kerrie, Pam, and Teran filling out their raffle tickets. We had some wonderful donated items that will be drawn later on this afternoon. I am keeping my fingers crossed for some of those items. $1.00 a ticket! You can't beat that and all the proceeds will be going towards Therapeutic Family Life.

My little helper this Morning. I needed to go check on things this Morning so I brought my Helper with me. Ty loves the SHR and today he really had a great time flirting will all the pretty girls. Well, It also helped that there were "nonuts". Ty was great this Morning running errands and then stopping at the SHR that we ended our fun morning outing with a trip to Whistle Stop Playground. I guess the best part about this Saturday is today is Ryan's last class for the Fall Semester. Whoop!!! (For those of you who don't know Ryan is a doctoral student at Texas A&M.) After nap time we will make another trip to the SHR to see how the day went (the girls are also going to have a cupcake for Ty) and then it will be time to get ready for Ghee and Poppy's house. Tonight we are planning on going out for another Birthday Celebration for me and my friend Kassie. (I hope I can make this celebration since I missed the last one) I love how my Birthday has been a week long celebration...:) Have a wonderful weekend!!



No comments: