Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thankful

I write an article for our Junior League Newsletter every month and my article that I submitted this month reflected on how thankful I am for all the many blessings in my life. I am truly thankful for so much. This time of year I always love to give to those in need. This week is the big Food For Families food drive and the JL is playing a big role in that. We are also helping the families in Fort Hood that were struck by tragedy a few weeks ago by gathering gift cards for families in need. It is a amazing that something so small like opening my pantry and grabbing soup is going to make someones day a little better.
I have been amazed at Ty's School and how much Ty is learning about Thanksgiving, Turkeys, and being Thankful. Yesterday Tyler and I put some canned goods in a sack so he could participate in his schools food drive. Ty's class decorated their own box and will be collecting food until Friday. Today when I picked Ty up from school I noticed a big turkey that had feathers with all the kids names on it and as we were walking out Ty pointed to the Turkey and said "Mommy" That is when I saw Ty's name on a Feather and it read (Ty is thankful for Mommy). That just melted my heart in so many ways. It makes all the 2 year old tantrums seem so small. I am so proud of Ty and the boy that he is turning in to. Please take time this year to reflect on everything you are thankful for.





2 comments:

The Eidson Family said...

Last year on the turkey, Jack was thankful for "trains". About 90% were "Mommy" or "daddy", my kid: trains.

Holly Steele said...

I am sure Trains would have been second for Ty! That is so cute...