Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This Thanksgiving was a big one for me because I hosted my first Thanksgiving ( and well Ryan and Ty because they had to put up with my mini meltdowns from the stress of hosting). The past few days I was a ball of stress. I just wanted everything to be perfect and I also included decorating for Christmas! I know I always take on way too much but that is how I like to do things, I guess.... The best part about decorating early is I can enjoy the rest of our weekend.
Yesterday truly was a great day even though I spent the majority of the day in my kitchen. At least I could see out in the yard and watch all the kids playing and having a great time. Our Thanksgiving meal included Ryan parents and two of his sisters and their spouses and of course 3 of Ty's cousins. The kids played non stop until 6pm when some of the left to go home. That meant no nap for Ty but he did great all day. Although he was ready for bed last night. Currently Ty is on hour 2 of a nap..... I think Ty had too much fun yesterday. Ryan is also on hour 2 of a nap. I guess I wore both of my boys out this week!
Leaves..... the kids loved playing in our pile of leaves. Thank goodness for a beautiful day yesterday.
I had to take a picture of my Corn Bread dressing because I was just relieved that it turned out. The recipe is my Grandmother's and my family has been making it for years. However, this was my first year to make it and it was wonderful. Everything was really good.


The kids table. Callie lead the prayer at the table.

What a wonderful Thanksgiving. We went to Cracker Barrel this Morning with Ryan's parents and my parents so we had a wonderful Morning with family and this afternoon we went shopping during Black Friday and were able to cross a lot of items off our Christmas list! Have a wonderful weekend.



No comments: