Saturday, January 16, 2010

Heart Gallery

On Friday night the I had the opportunity to volunteer at our local Cultural Activities Center for the art opening of The Heart Gallery of Central Texas. The display was of all the children in Central Texas that were in Foster Care but are in need of adoption. The children were so beautiful. As wonderful as the exhibit was it was also heart breaking at the same time. The majority of the children were older and the sad part of that is that at age 17 those children in Foster Care go out of the system and on there own. I can not even imagine. It was a great evening and then I noticed this video that explained more about The Heart Gallery. It lasts about 7 minutes. I will admit I was in tears. It truly is a blessing to be part of an organization whose main focus area is the development and well being of children. You will find the video link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at7DSyXj9Og

No comments: