Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Locked In

On Monday I think I joined the worst Mother of the year club. I will start by saying that nap time has turned in to drama 101 at our house. My little routine boy has been testing me for a month during nap time. Some days Ty will just refuse to nap. I am guessing it is just a stage, I hope. I am not ready for him to give up naps just yet. Therefore, on Monday I did our nap time routine, well Ty screamed the whole time because he knew what was coming. After story time I put him in his bed and he immediately stood up and screamed "No" I put him back down and just walked out of the room and shut the door. He screamed for about 15 minutes. It seamed like hours. All of the sudden I did not hear him, and 30 minutes went by and still nothing! After about an hour I thought I would go check on him. Well, I go to open Ty's door and it is LOCKED!!! Ty is locked in his room asleep. I am still not sure how it got locked... Well, I am freaking out and start to panic, so I call Ryan in tears and tell him how I am the worst mother and Ty is locked in his room and I can't get him out. Of course Ryan was just laughing. Well, Ryan came home and saved the day. The best part is Ty never woke up during this whole mini nightmare. I guess he will never know. Ryan was so great to drive 30 minutes home and then 30 minutes back to work. Ty never knew Daddy was home either! I guess from know on I will check the door..... The good news is Ty napped Monday, not Tuesday, but today. Every other day is not bad! I will take it. We are having a great week. We went to Bible Study this Morning, went for a walk and played at the park with a neighbor and then had dinner with Ryan. Ryan has been working a lot lately so I thought it would be good for Ty to see Ryan. Ryan also starts back at A&M this weekend so it is going to be a long few months for us. Thank goodness we keep busy so the time goes by fast.

1 comment:

Rebekah Crosby said...

Hilarious, Holly! This is all education and prep for me. :) You are NOT the worst mother. Trippin.