Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sleepy Sunday

This afternoon I attended my first Historic Preservation League of Temple Board Meeting (Our neighborhood association). Ty was not happy about me leaving so of course there were some tears. After I left Ryan told Ty that if he was going to cry he could go to his room, so he did. Ryan went back to check on his a few minutes later and Ty was asleep. I started laughing when I saw these pictures. Ty fights naps but this goes to show that sometimes he just needs to rest.
My first HPLT meeting was great. It is a wonderful organization that works hard to keep our neighborhood beautiful and provides numerous activities for our neighborhood and community. We do an Easter Egg Hunt, 5-K walk and run, 4th of July parade, and many more. This association is one reason what I wanted to move to the North Side. I also decided to step right up and serve on the Board. I was co-chairing the 4th of July parade, but when our good friends the Marshall's moved from the neighborhood they needed a Vice President/President Elect, so I thought I would really get my feet wet and take it on! Yes, That means I will be President for the the HPLT (with a new born). Overall it was a very informative meeting and I met a lot of wonderful neighbors. We have a large Board so it really helps. I love being involved so I will continue to help Whitney with the 4th of July parade and I am also going to co-chair a committee for the 5-k in April with my friend, Lacy. I have a deep passion for helping our community and neighborhood.
Well, we are ready for a new week and will be preparing to host Supper Club at our house on Super Bowl Sunday!





No comments: