Monday, February 22, 2010

Big Day

The slab was poured on our new addition this Morning. It was a very busy and exciting Morning for all of us. I had to wake Ty up this Morning so he would not miss out on the big cement truck. Ty has been a big part of this project since the very beginning that it was important for me to have Ty see the foundation being poured, and I knew he would love seeing the big cement truck! Poppy was here to oversee and make sure everything went according to plan. Ghee was also here and 2 of my dad's close friends even stopped by. The only one who missed all the excitement was Ryan.
It did not take long for Ty to warm up to the big truck. I love the pictures of Ty with Ghee and Poppy. I know they enjoyed watching Ty take everything in. It actually took two cement trucks to fill the slab. The finished product looks amazing and Ty even has his hand prints in the cement so we will always remember this special Ty. My Dad wants us to write our boy and girl name for our little peanut so they don't feel left out. I think that sounds like a great idea. What a sweet Poppy. The sad part is it will end up being covered up when we put the floor in.







It wont be long until we loose that whole wall and roof, and when that happens that means good bye washer and dryer!!


It is a good this we got the slab poured today because we might have snow tomorrow. We will see... fingers crossed!!









No comments: