Monday, February 15, 2010

Ronald McDonald House

One of the many organizations that the Junior League works with as a Community Project is the Ronald McDonald House in Temple. I think the world of this agency and how much they do for the Children and their families that are at Scott and White. Every month the JL brings a meal to the house for the families staying there. Well, today was my turn to bring a Salad and Bread. How simple is that. I bought a fresh loaf of bread and made a nice big garden salad. Other members brought a main course and dessert. I just love what a big impact we are going to make on some families tonight and how little time it took to do a good deed. As I was driving to the RMH with Ty this evening I was glad that Ty was with me and that he is going to have the opportunity to see how our family likes to give to others in our community. Ty loved going inside with me and he even carried the bread for me. It is never too early to teach your children how to give to others in need.
Tomorrow after I pick Ty up from school we are heading to Austin to see air planes and pick up Ghee from the Airport. Ty asked me all day today to go see airplanes. However, I know he will be excited to see his Ghee! Through out the week Ty has asked where Ghee is and so I tell him and then every once in a while I will ask Ty where Ghee is and he says with "Amma and Aunt C"
What a fun boy!!

No comments: