Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spring Into Summer

Last week was a Junior League week. It started on Monday and ended on Saturday afternoon. The Spring Provisional Class did an excellent gearing up for their "Spring Into Summer" at the Second Rose. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday we worked for hours trying to get everything priced and organized. Friday evening was the big Preview Party and Saturday was the Sale. I was so proud of all of their hard work and determination. This is my 4th Provisional Sale to be apart of and I can honestly I will miss working with this project next year. I am sure I will still find a way to cheer them on. The weekend was a success and they were able to raise a lot of money for the Second Hand! I think the success of the weekend came from the knowledge they gained about our amazing store and how it operates.
Of course I did some shopping for Ty while I was there. I found 2 pairs of brand new Stride Rite shoes (Normally when we buy these for Ty they are close to $40.00 I got both pairs of shoes for $6.00) I found some polo shirts, shorts, and a pair of PJ's all for $12.00! I always get very excited when I save money.
After the Sale on Saturday we headed to Ashley Furniture in Waco and purchased our new bedroom Furniture. We also got a new coffee table. Ryan had a meeting in Waco last week so he went a looked at the furniture and found a few that he thought I would like. He was right. I loved the first one he showed me. Now we just have to wait until June when everything comes in. We ended our Saturday with a House Warming Party for some friends that just moved in down the street from us. I am telling you, the North side is the place to be!! :) Amanda, Lona, Kitty, Me, Paige and Brittany. We were missing a few ladies.

No comments: