Friday, January 24, 2014

Family Reading Night

Last night, Tyler's School hosted a Family Reading Night. The turn out was not as great as they were hoping, but our temperatures dropped significantly yesterday. We braved the cold and rainy weather, and I'm so thankful we did. We really had a fun evening watching Tyler soar in the area of reading. He struggled at the first of the year, and it broke my heart. I felt very discouraged with myself and also the Private School where he was at last year.
 I struggled so much in school and I really did and do not want that for Tyler. I seriously have tears in my eyes looking back at these pictures. I'm just so proud of him and his determination.
Regardless, with extra help and care from Royal ECC and Tyler's awesome Teacher something finally clicked and he is truly soaring in all areas and it is so fun watching him get excited about learning!
Last night we went to three different reading stations, and of course Georgia Kate was right behind. She does not like to be left behind. The first station was a sight word drill, and Tyler had the most cards and won a Word Families game.
I am so thankful we were apart of last night! It was such a fun family night and I always love a fun family night with my bunch.

 Listening to a story from Ty's reading Teacher and Homeroom Teacher. They are both amazing and Ty is really lucky to have them. They worked a lot on story recognition and even gave us helpful hints when we read together at home.

 Next up, Ty got to put his reading skills to the test. Of course GK could not be left out. The book was about animals, so she got to help!


I am so thankful we were apart of last night! It was such a fun family night and I always love fun families night with my bunch.

No comments: