Friday, September 9, 2011

9/11 Memorial

Westphalia hosted a very memorable September 11th Memorial this Morning, and Ryan wanted Tyler and I to attend so we accepted the invitation and made our way to Ryan's School bright and early.
Of course Ty was a little confused this Morning because today is Christ Church School day, and he kept telling us this Morning that he can't go because he has to go to Christ Church School.... music to our ears. :) Well, he finally agreed as long as we could go to CCS after Westphalia. Deal!
I was truly moved by this Mornings Memorial that was student led. It is hard to believe that Sunday will mark the 10 year Anniversary of such a horrific event that forever changed the way we live. It is also hard to believe that the majority of Ryan's students were not even born and if they were they were too young to remember what happened. Ryan and the Students shared a few words and then they ended the Memorial with the raising of the flag at half mast, the Pledge of Allegiance, a moment of silence, and then a prayer. Such a beautiful and touching Morning.
Tyler did really well and followed along with the big kids in the audience. After the Memorial Ty of course convinced Ryan to play a little volleyball for 5 minutes before we headed back home to CCS. Tyler loves Ryan's gym. I got Ty to school by 9:30 and I got some errands done. I missed my Morning work out at the gym, which I am back doing now that Ty is back in school. I forgot to worn my work out buddy that I was going miss this Morning, and I got a call first thing because she was afraid I was at the Hospital. :) That gave me a good Morning laugh, but I guess you never know these days. So thankful for beautiful days like today.










































No comments: