Monday, September 19, 2011

Nesting

With this pregnancy I have had several issues to work through and one of them is being and feeling prepared for this 3 blessing! I was not prepared for Landry, and that still bothers and haunts me to this day.
Landry was two weeks early, and that was my first shock. Tyler was right on time, so I thought Landry would follow his big brother..... nope. I did not have a bag, clothes, or anything ready for the hospital. There were clothes in his draw, but I don't think they were all washed. Like I said, I thought I would have more time. The next shock came when we found out that Landry had a limited amount of time with us, so of course at that moment I was not thinking about clothes or a blanket for him. The sweet NICU Nurses kept asking about clothes, but I could think straight or think about sending someone to go get Landry some of his clothes. Thankfully, someone went to get Landry's personalized blanket, and we borrowed a outfit from the hospital to put on Landry. To this day I hate that Landry did not have his own clothes, and it brings me to tears that I was not prepared, but then I know deep down that ultimately there was no way to prepare for Landry and our journey with him. Clothes at that moment did not seem to matter.
However, this time around I am determined to be organized and have a bag ready for Georgia Kate.... my heart needs that feeling. Therefore, I am so thankful for the weekend I had. Ryan took Ty to DFW on Saturday to watch ACU play at Cowboys Stadium and then they stayed the evening with his family. Ryan told me that I did not have to go, so I took that as my time to nest and did I ever! I washed 3 loads of Gk's clothes, and her bag is semi ready. I cleaned out numerous drawers and closets in our house, and tackled some major cleaning in our house. I even in listed my Mom's help and she got busy painting three items for GK's Nursery. I offered to help but my Mom would not let me get close to the priming or paint.... she made me wear a mask around our house! :) We love our protective, Ghee. There is still lots to do, but I am feeling a little more prepared and for that I am so thankful. Thank you so much Ryan for giving me and my heart some much needed time to tackle my biggest fear..... preparedness. I love you so much!
The days are going by fast and that just means we are getting closer to seeing Gods beauty in our third child. Beauty from Ashes..........

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I have been majorly nesting this time as well. It is something I don't think I really did with Adelyn, like somehow I knew? Don't feel bad about the clothes, I had Adelyn's outfits in my bag at the hospital and yet she still never wore them because no one ever asked and I was in too much shock to think about it. I have 3 weeks left, at most, and am not ready yet. I was busy busy and now taking a break because I was exhausted. Hopefully I will finish up this week.