Friday, September 16, 2011

Junior League Day

Tuesday marked the 20 year Anniversary of the Second Hand Rose in it's current location. That is a huge accomplishment for a Resale shop, so we thought we needed to do something something special to celebrate. Our store got a much needed makeover and even a new sign for the front of the building.
Since our store was looking good we thought we should show it off to the Community. We invited the Mayor and the Temple Chamber of Commerce to take part in our special day. We received tons of publicity and were honored with special presentations and plaques. Of course our amazing League Members came to help us celebrate, so our store was filled with numerous faces that have helped us so much along the way.
Today was truly a day that our League will never forget and I am so blessed that I was able to be apart of it all..... even the dirty work. The Chamber and the Mayor presented Pam, our President with some honorary Proclamations.









Our very own ribbon cutting Ceremony.







Me with Pam. Pam is doing such a amazing job this year! I will have some very big shoes to fill next year.






Pam and I will Mayor, Bill Jones. Me, Stacie, Jill, Pam, and Rebecca. Current President with 3 past President's. I am truly honored to be among these extraordinary women. Tuesday night also marked our first General Membership Meeting, so Tuesday was all about the Junior League! I think most days should be like that! We have a great year in line and I am ready to put on my Volunteer hat and get busy.



















No comments: