Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Crib

The crib in Georgia Kate's is finally up and ready for another precious child. The whole transformation of this room has been emotionally draining on me, but I think the crib was the hardest item to put back up. Ryan took it out of the closest where it was being stored a while back, but tears immediately took over and I was just not ready to put it up yet, so there it sat in GK's room waiting. We tried a couple of other times to put it back up but tears always came flooding in. Landry never slept in this crib or saw his room, but it was his and all ready for him. Taking down that crib and all the dreams and memories that went with it was devastating.Who knew that one crib could hold so many emotions......
Sunday afternoon we put the crib back up for the third time. As I was helping Ryan I kept think of all of the memories and stories this crib could tell us, and I also thought of the number 3 and what it represents in regards to this crib and our family. 3 blessings, 3 beautiful gifts from God: Tyler, Landry, and Georgia Kate.
I was thankful that Tyler wanted to take part in helping us put up the crib, and he was such a big help in many ways. Tyler listened to everything that Ryan said and did everything he was told to do, but I think crawling underneath the crib was his favorite part. After it was up we decided to use Tyler as a our tester/checker to make sure everything was safe and secure, and Ty found great joy in that as well.
The great room makeover is still a work in progress, but slowly it is turning in to a beautiful room for our little girl. The room looks nothing like it did last year at this time, and in a way I see that as Gods promise to us.
Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 1 Peter 4:12-13












On Monday Morning as we were walking back to Ty's room to get him ready for the day, Ty stopped and peaked in GK's room (next door) and he looked at me and said " Mommy, I like Georgia Kate's crib". Those were the sweetest words from such a wonderful Big Brother. Those were also words that I needed to hear.







2 comments:

Kristen McGuire said...

Holly...I am so excited for you and your 3rd blessing. The crib is precious....love the pink!!! I know it is so emotional to create a whole new nursery. You are so strong. I am almost 6 months along with my second blessing and my heart aches when I think about my baby Jack's crib......that he never slept in. Good luck....she is almost here!!!! You are in my thoughts!!!

Lisa said...

Oh Holly, I can only imagine. We never took our crib down. I just couldn't do it. I know it was hard to take down Landry's stuff and then redo the whole room. We kept ours the same because it was Sierra's room also. But it is still hard to think about her saying "baby sister's room" last year at this time. This year the door is still closed to the room....so different.